Welcome to the Anger Management Institute. We offer online, home-study, coaching services and training certification courses and resources
LEADER’s CERTIFICATION, RESOURCES and TRAINING.
New video on best anger management strategies and brain change!!!
Anger Management Trainer-Specialist Webinar: March, 2023
Register for the March 23-24, 2023 webinar/workshop to become certified as an Anger Management Specialist I or II with the National Anger Management Association. Register online.
Become credentialed to offer court and employer approved anger management programs and services at this Anger Management Specialist Training Webinar. These presentations emphasize educational programming, treatment planning and evidence-based approaches for helping your clients and students to better manage anger. Workshops are approved by the National Anger Management Association (NAMA) for the Certified Anger Management Specialist-I or II credential! (NAMA membership fee extra — submitted by attendees to NAMA for certification after completion of workshops). Cost includes 2 days of webinar-workshop training, Training manual, book, assessments, CEs/CEUs, hand-outs! Download the Registration Flyer for March, 2023 or pay on the shopping mall.
Distance-learning Anger Management Specialist Certification Training Course: You can become certified as an Anger Management Specialist with the National Anger Management Association by enrolling in the online, home-study training course here. Enroll online here! Or Email Lynette Hoy or call her at 630-368-1880 about any training needs. 12 NBCC, IAODAPCA CEUs.
Services and Resources for Individuals, Couples, Teens, Families, Groups, Leaders and Kids:
Take a look at all of our anger management books, anger management dvds, anger management workbooks, and anger management certificate courses (for personal growth, court/employer ordered, relationships) which present a fresh approach to managing anger and conflict using effective, research-based skills.
How you can use the What’s Good About Anger? resources:
- If you need to fulfill a court or employer or school-mandate for an anger management course.
- When you need to change and improve your ability to manage anger and conflict.
- When you need to learn to manage anger and conflict as a couple.
- If you are a professional or educator seeking to counsel or coach others to learn how to manage anger. Order the discounted Anger Management Starter Kit for businesses/practices!
New: Couple’s Curriculum!
- When you are facilitating and educating groups, classes and seminars to help adults and teens learn to cope with anger in healthy ways.
- When you as a leader or professional want to become certified to teach and educate others and provide court mandated certificates.
- When you, your family, your school and teens need anger management resources.
- Zoom Anger Management Institute Evaluations. Do you need an Anger management evaluation or assessment? Illinois residents can purchase online here.
Teen Anger Management Book/Workbook: includes What If? scenarios, defusing anger and hostility, preventing/handling bullying and more!
What do most people want when it comes to tackling anger? What are these resources geared to do?
- To change unhealthy anger into effective and acceptable behaviors – improving life and relationship satisfaction.
- To identify and apply techniques which defuse triggers for anger.
- To learn healthy ways of expressing anger through communication, empathy and problem-solving.
- To consistently manage anger through effective, practical skills and forgiveness.
- To explore and transform cognitive distortions and false beliefs into constructive thinking and positive self-talk.
- To consider how faith impacts anger. Christian, other religious examples and philosophical quotes are referenced.
Contact Lynette J. Hoy, a National Certified Counselor, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Crisis counselor, speaker and Anger Management Specialist-V at: 630-368-1880.
Certificate Training Programs, Courses and Class Approvals:
Approved and endorsed program by National Anger Management Association – qualifying certified trainers as Anger Management Specialist-I or II.
Approved by National Board of Certified Counselors for 12 CE hours for LPCs, LCPCs: # 6577.
Approved by NAADAC (association for addictions professionals) for 12 CEUs.
Approved by IAODAPCA for 13 CEUs – program # 15792.
Approval nationally by courts and judges for court-mandated cases since 2005.
Approved by Cook County District Court and other Chicago-land area courts for court mandated clients.
Listed on the National Anger Management Association directory.
Listed in the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare.
Anger Management Institute certificate courses are provided by Lynette J. Hoy, a National Certified Counselor, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois, Certified Anger Management Specialist-V, Supervisor, Consultant and Distinguished Diplomate with the National Anger Management Association, having completed 40 hours of training in domestic violence advocacy. Co-author of What’s Good About Anger? first Faith-based edition and the 2016 What’s Good About Anger? Putting Your Anger to Work for Good – Fourth edition for a general readership and author/co-author for all other resources – Mrs. Hoy has trained hundreds of students, clients, couples, professionals and leaders in anger and conflict management. Lynette has been a plenary speaker at the National Anger Management Association conferences and a conference and workshop presenter at the American Association of Christian Counselors International conferences in Nashville, TN.
Anger Management Institute
CounselCare Connection, P.C.
1200 Harger Road. Suite 602
Oak Brook, IL 60523