$199.00: Web-based Online Anger Management Specialist-I or II Certification Course with Video produced by the Anger Management Institute and endorsed by the National Anger Management Association (NAMA). This Evidence-Based Program assists participants to qualify for the NAMA Anger Management Specialist-I or II Certification (Supervision by telephone is required, add extra fee below now or after completing course). Call: 708-341-5438 for more information or order now!
This course includes extra web and video resources!
Provides Training for the Anger Management Specialist-I or II Certification from NAMA: www.namass.org
12 – NBCC CE hours and 12 NAMA CEUs provided (extra fee).
Includes required course training for the ANGER MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST-I CERTIFICATION. Need to add the phone supervision (additional cost above) to complete requirements for CAMS-I or II certification with NAMA. Also, includes live video sessions from workshops!
To obtain the Anger Management Specialist-I or II Certification add the phone supervision payment. This Online course is an approved Anger Management Specialist-I or II Certification training by NAMA. The course is open to those with a background in mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, education, nursing, corrections, law enforcement, pastoral counseling, human resources, and leaders/mentors who work with angry and/or hostile clients.
The course ($199.00) fulfills ALL the NAMA basic content seminar. Phone supervision — four (4) – 30 min. or (2) one hour phone sessions must be added to fulfill the supervision requirements for certification now or later.
Once you have completed this course and supervision you may apply directly for NAMA certification (NAMA membership fee additional)
Certification benefits include:
Accepted by all courts in US and Canada
Listing in NAMA national directory www.namass.org
ONLINE COURSE INCLUDES:
Step 1 – ANGER MANAGEMENT TRAINERs Manual; What’s Good About Anger? Fourth Edition book. Read and Study the online course which includes book chapters and the training manual sessions. View the workshop video sessions online too! Take all quizzes online.
Step 2 – Complete all online quizzes successfully
Step 3 – Four 3O MIN. (Or two 60 min.) SUPERVISION PHONE/ZOOM SESSIONS WITH LYNETTE J. HOY (pay extra fee above). Sessions will be mutually arranged. Pay for the phone supervision with the addon above now and receive free the 16 lesson combination book/workbook resources for adults and teens. Or pay for the supervision after finishing course (no resources included). Contact Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC, CAMS-IV or call: 708-341-5438
Step 4 – Complete the Anger Management Specialist-I or II Certification Application (download) include application fee and fax directly to the NAMA office.
What participants will learn:
- How to teach and train struggling clients, groups and students to cope with anger in healthy ways through: assertiveness, problem-solving, restructured thinking, conflict resolution, empathy skills, forgiveness, stress management and more!
- The nature, sources, triggers, process of anger.
- When anger is helpful or harmful.
- Underlying cognitive distortions of harmful anger.
- Evidence-Based Treatment Planning for Anger Control Problems.
- Spiritual insights and scriptural examples for learning to manage anger & forgive.
- The essential role of stress management in anger reduction.
- DSM – mental health disorders associated with anger problems; readiness or contraindication for anger management treatment.
- Skills/tools for: assessing/screening participants, evaluation of progress.
- How to defuse hostility and manage behavior;
- Effective anger prevention and control strategies, including: communication, time-out, problem-solving, forgiveness, relaxation, restructured thinking, conflict management, etc.
- The role of emotional intelligence and empathy skills. Will provide teaching tools.
- Research in anger management.
- Ethical guidelines for anger management training and support groups.
- Anger Management Motivational and Problem-Solving Approaches.
- PRESENTERS and SUPERVISORS:Lynette J. Hoy, NCC, LCPC, CAMS-V is a marriage and family counselor, crisis counselor and cofounder of CounselCare Connection, P.C. Mrs. Hoy is a National Certified Counselor and a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois. She is an approved NAMA: Anger Management Specialist-V, a NAMA Anger Management Supervisor, Consultant and Diplomate. Lynette is also President of the Anger Management Institute in DuPage, Illinois and a Domestic Violence Advocate. She holds a Master’s Degree in Community and Family Counseling from Northeastern Illinois University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from North Park College. As the co-founder of the Anger Management Institute, Mrs. Hoy has authored anger management courses for court-ordered individuals and provides trainer certificates for leaders and counselors who desire to teach anger management and lead groups. She is a speaker, writer and seminar presenter for community groups and professional organizations.Steve Yeschek, LCSW, CAMS-IV is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and co-founder of CounselCare Connection, P.C. and the Anger Management Institute. Steve was the Director of the Rapha Treatment Center in Chicago for 9 years and has extensive inpatient, out-patient and group experience as a professional in the counseling field. Mr. Yeschek has a Master’s in Social Work degree from Tulane University, School of Social Work in New Orleans, LA. and a Bachelor of Social Work degree from the University of Wisconsin in Eau Claire, WI. Mr. Yeschek is an approved NAMA: Anger Management Specialist-IV, a NAMA Anger Management Supervisor, Consultant and Diplomate. Steve specializes in counseling individuals with anger, addictions, mood and behavioral disorders and relationship issues. He facilitates the AMI anger management groups and coaches individuals at the Oak Brook office and by phone. Steve is a contributor to the anger management curriculum. He is an ordained Pastor.ANGER MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST-I or II ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE $199.00 Order above.
Course Support Contact Lynette J. Hoy, NCC, LCPC, CAMS-V: 708-341-5438
“The Anger Management institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6577. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Anger Management Institute is solely is responsible for all aspects of the programs.”