This Couple’s Curriculum provides counselors, mentors, leaders, coaches educational tools geared to help couples and clients enhance relationships while developing anger and conflict management skills. For use with individual couples or groups.
Includes: 12 – Healing the Wounds of Anger in Marriage 16 lesson Book/Workbooks (2013), DVD, group overview, assessment tools and inventories (for duplication), HEALING bookmarks, 16 week leader’s guide.
Participants will gain a new perspective on anger; learn how to transform anger into healthy skills for living; gain control over unhealthy anger and better manage responses to provoking situations in their relationships.
Chronic anger can be costly – physically, emotionally and relationally. Most people can use their anger in appropriate ways in some situations, and yet can be ineffectual or harmful in other situations.
As a leader or counseling you can help groups and couples:
- reduce levels of anger
- direct anger into healthy ways of relating and problem-solving
- learn effective coping behaviors such as time-outs, prayer to stop escalation
- address issues with assertiveness and requests
- identify triggering situations
- establish a strategy and plan of action
- learn to forgive
- apply skills to more effectively control unhealthy anger responses and manage conflict..
- prepare their own relational change plan
Leaders, counselors, mentors will receive:
- 12 (sixteen lesson book/workbooks) 2015
- Assessment and inventory tools
- DVD and hand-outs
- 16 week Leader’s Guide
Healing the Wounds of Anger in Marriage- Couple’s book/workbook includes these lessons:
- Anger: friend or foe?
- The Process of Anger – identifying triggers
- What IS Good About Anger?
- Defusing Anger by Managing Stress
- Handling Anger Effectively
- Anger and Assertiveness
- Managing Conflict
- Turn Your Anger into Forgiveness
- Couple’s Time-Out
- Plan to Change Your Life by Changing Your Thinking
- Empathy and Emotional Intelligence
- Choosing Behavior Alternatives
- Healing the Wounds of Anger in Your Marriage
- Stopping the Blame-Game
- Enjoying the Benefits of Good Anger
This curriculum is presented by Lynette Hoy, a marriage and family counselor licensed in the state of Illinois, National Certified Counselor, crisis counselor and Anger Management Specialist having 40 hours of training in domestic violence advocacy. She is a National Anger Management Association- Certified Anger Management Specialist-1V, Supervisor, Consultant and Diplomate. Mrs. Hoy has trained hundreds of clients, couples and students in anger management. Certificate is granted when the test is completed. Contact Ly nette Hoy for questions about these courses or call 630.368.1880.
Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC
2000 Spring Road, Ste. 603
Oak Brook, IL 60523