Healing the Wounds of Anger in Marriage: Real Skills for Positive Relationship Change — is geared for Couples who want to enhance their individual and relationship anger management skills.
This book is a combination Book and Workbook (16 lessons) with in-depth insights and practical application for couples.
Couples will work on skills and strategies that help overcome wounds that can be obstacles to relationship growth. They will also gain a new perspective on anger and how to gain control over unhealthy anger, better managing responses to provoking situations in their relationships.
This expanded resource provides keys for managing anger and changing your relationship. Couples will learn to:
- reduce levels of anger
- direct anger into healthy ways of relating and problem-solving
- learn effective coping behaviors such as time-outs, prayer to stop escalation
- address issues with assertiveness and requests
- identify triggering situations
- establish a strategy and plan of action
- learn to forgive
- apply skills to more effectively control unhealthy anger responses and manage conflict..
- develop emotional intelligence skills to build an intimate relationship
- Includes: HEALING application with scriptures and couple scenarios, What If questions for application.
Includes these lessons:
- Anger’s Many Faces
- The Power of Anger – identifying triggers
- What IS Good About Anger?
- Defusing Anger by Managing Stress
- Handling Anger Effectively
- Anger and Assertiveness
- Managing Conflict
- Turn Your Anger into Forgiveness
- Coupleﾒs Time-Out
- Plan to Change Your Life by Changing Your Thinking
- How Emotional Intelligence Impacts Anger
- Building a Healthy and Successful Relationship
- Part I: Steps for HEALING the Wounds of Anger in Marriage
- Part II: Steps for HEALING the Wounds of Anger in Marriage
- Stopping the Blame-Game
- Enjoying the Benefits of Good Anger
This book/workbook is co-authored by Lynette Hoy, a marriage and family counselor licensed in the state of Illinois, National Certified Counselor, crisis counselor and Anger Management Specialist and Ted Griffin, Editor/writer. Lynette is a National Anger Management Association- Certified Anger Management Specialist-V, Supervisor, Consultant and Diplomate. Mrs. Hoy has trained hundreds of clients, couples and students in anger management. Certificate is granted when the test is completed. Contact Lynette Hoy for questions about these courses or call 630.368.1880.
Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC
2000 Spring Road, Ste. 603
Oak Brook, IL 60523