This Online course “Keys to Managing Anger and Hostility in Marriage” is geared for Couples who want to enhance their individual and relationship anger and conflict management skills.
Couples will gain a new perspective on anger and how to gain control over unhealthy anger, better managing responses to provoking situations in their relationships.
This combination book/workbook provides keys for managing anger and changing your relationship.
Couples will learn to:
- reduce levels of anger
- direct anger into healthy ways of relating and problem-solving
- learn effective coping behaviors such as time-outs, prayer to stop escalation
- address issues with assertiveness and requests
- identify triggering situations
- establish a strategy and plan of action
- learn to forgive
- apply skills to more effectively control unhealthy anger responses and manage conflict..
- develop emotional intelligence skills to build an intimate relationship
- assertiveness scenarios, What If questions for application.
The lessons include:
- Anger’s Many Faces
- The Power of Anger – identifying triggers
- What IS Good About Anger?
- Defusing Anger by Managing Stress
- Handling Anger Effectively
- Anger and Assertiveness
- Managing Conflict
- Turn Your Anger into Forgiveness
- Couples Time-Out
- Plan to Change Your Life by Changing Your Thinking
- How Emotional Intelligence Impacts Anger
- Building a Healthy and Successful Relationship
- Choosing Behavior Alternatives
- Keys to Defusing Anger and Hostility
- Stopping the Blame-Game
- Enjoying the Benefits of Good Anger
This course is co-authored by Lynette Hoy, a marriage and family counselor licensed in the state of Illinois, National Certified Counselor, crisis counselor and Anger Management Specialist and Ted Griffin, Editor/writer. Lynette is a National Anger Management Association- Certified Anger Management Specialist-1V, Supervisor, Consultant and Diplomate. Mrs. Hoy has trained hundreds of clients, couples and students in anger management. Contact Lynette Hoy for questions about these courses or call 630.368.1880.
Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC
1200 Harger Road, Ste. 602
Oak Brook, IL 60523