COACHS- Creating Opportunities, Approaches and Changes for Highest Success in Anger Management by Lynette J. Hoy, NCC, LCPC,Certified Anger Management Specialist-V (CAMS-V), & Steve Yeschek, LCSW, CAMS-IV
Forward-looking; Success-oriented; Life-transforming
Are you looking to provide Anger Management Coaching services in your practice with clients and those you help? The Anger Management Institute is providing resources for you as a mental health professional, life coach, pastor or mentor to use with your clients or students. You may order our anger management coaching curriculum which will help you in your individual or group sessions. Addon the certificate of completion and quizzes will be included. Once you successfully complete the quizzes a certificate of completion for the course will be sent to you.
The Institute COACHS program and curriculum includes:
(12) What’s Good About Anger? combination 17 lesson book/workbooks (2021) (value $300.00)
Pdf file of the Anger Management Coaching worksheets and assessments for clients with permission for unlimited duplication. Focuses on successful anger management strategies (value $100.00);
DVD training for Coaches (45 min)
DVD seminar (flash drive) for clients/students (65 min)
Coaching manual/guide. (value: $50.00)
The pdf files of the assessments and worksheets provides you and your organization permission for unlimited duplication. The Anger Management Coaches manual includes lessons and recommendations for coaching clients/individuals struggling with anger issues using the best strategies for effective anger management treatment: stress management and cognitive-behavioral skills. Order the curriculum above.
Lynette J. Hoy, NCC, LCPC, Anger Management Specialist-IV: email@example.com or call 630.368.1880, or 708.341.5438.
If you are looking for personal coaching as a professional, executive, manager, spouse or for your teen – read about our Anger Management Coaching Services.
What is Anger Management Coaching?
A professional partnership between a qualified anger management coach and an individual that supports the achievement of extraordinary results, based on anger management goals set by the individual. Through the process of Anger Management coaching, individuals focus on the skills and actions needed to successfully produce their highest and best results. The goals in anger management coaching are focused on research-based anger management techniques and emotional intelligence development.
Anger management coaching assesses the issues and needs of individuals and incorporates Emotional Intelligence areas of development: Self-awareness, Self-management and motivation, Social Awareness and Relationship management.
What does Anger Management Coaching aim to do?
1. Concentrate on where individuals are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future in regards to managing and transforming anger. This includes an thorough assessment.
2. Assess the individual’s current opportunities and challenges, defines the scope of the relationship, identifies priorities for action, and establishes specific desired outcomes relating to anger and conflict management. This aspect leads to greater self-awareness.
3. Establish a coaching relationship based on trust, collaboration and permission.
4. Transform the energy of anger into positive channels which benefit the individual’s life and relationships as a whole. This aspect leads to greater self-management and motivation.
5. Focus on practical, effective methods for anger change such as: assertiveness, problem-solving, empathy, developing emotional intelligence, forgiveness, cognitive restructuring, etc. This aspect enhances self-management, social awareness and relationship management.
Through the Anger Management coaching process clarity is identified which supports the most effective actions to achieve the goals. Anger Management Coaching accelerates the individual’s progress by providing greater focus and awareness of possibilities, opportunities, approaches and changes regarding choices in the area of anger management and emotional intelligence. Anger Management Coaching concentrates on where individuals are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future.
What role does the Anger Management Coach play?
• Asks questions; helps clarify values, beliefs, goals, and personal meaning.
• Acts as an advocate.
• Collaborates with the client.
• Provides support in setting and achieving the anger management goals.
• Acknowledges progress.
• Challenges the client.
• Provides motivation.
• Offers objectivity, and brings fresh perspectives.
• Helps think of options and possibilities.
• Facilitates commitment to growth.
• Provides action-oriented assignments and resources.
What’s Good About Anger? Putting Your Anger to Work for Good book/workbook Contents
Most people believe that anger is a negative emotion from which no good can come. Many people think that anger should not be expressed and that such feelings are wrong. This book explores the emotion of anger and how anger—which is a part of the human experience—can be put to work for good. This third edition integrates emotional intelligence skills with the best anger management strategies.
- How to Rate Your Anger and Progress
- Triggers for Anger
- Anger’s Many Faces
- The Power of Anger
- When Anger is Good
- Defusing Anger by Managing Stress
- Handling Anger Effectively
- Anger and Assertiveness
- Managing Conflict
- Turning Anger into Forgiveness
- When to Take a Time-Out
- Cognitive Distortions and Changing Thinking
- How Emotional Intelligence Impacts Anger
- Assertiveness & Empathy Inventories
- Preventing Aggression
- Stopping Blaming and Taking Responsibility
What’s Good About Anger? Anger Management Coach Training Manual
One: Introduction to Anger Management Coaching
Two: How is Anger Management Coaching Delivered?
Three: Anger Management Coach Assessment of Clients
Four: Distinguishing Anger Management Coaching from other service professions and
Five: Anger Management Coaching process, role, goals
Six: Anger Management Coaching
Seven: ABC Techniques
Eight: Anger Management Coaching Application
Sample- Anger Management Coaching Agreement
Nine-Ten: Major Legal and Ethical Guidelines for Anger Management Coaches,
*Consider becoming a Certified Anger Management Specialist with the Institute. This credential meets the requirements for Anger Specialist-I or II designation by the National Anger Management Association upon membership.
Anger Management Concepts, models and principles—are based on the What’s Good About Anger books and workbooks which include teaching from the behavioral sciences, spiritual traditions and anger management research.